Wednesday, May 16, 2012

No-Bake Eggless Mango Cheesecake



Making eggless or without baking wasn’t the plan though.. But didn’t have a springform pan.. But if something gets into my head, I have to do it- trait of a true fire sign you see!! So I decided to use my wine glasses & shot glasses as the molds. Later on I found out that it can really be good way to serve the dessert in a party.
Just a week back it was my husband’s birthday I could not bake him a cake as I wasn’t well. So I dedicated this to him as he loves mangoes. What really made me happy was that he loved it!!

Ingredients
·         Cream cheese - 250gm.
·         Cream - 200 gm.
·         Sugar – 1 cup ( I used this much as my mangoes were not that sweet)
·     Mango pulp (I bought 500gm fresh mangoes & made the pulp, you can also use ready made mango pulp if fresh ones are not available)
·         Gelatin - 1 Tbsp.
·         Hot Water - 1/4 cup
·         Digestive Cookies -2 cups (Depending on how thick you want the base to be)
·         Unsalted butter, melted – 100 gm.
   

Method

For making the Crust:
First whiz the digestive cookies in a food processor. I broke them into small pieces and used my grinder instead. Then add melted butter and whiz again until the mixture comes together. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan that's lined with aluminum foil or use individual glasses (like I used). Refrigerate while preparing the rest of the cheesecake. If you are keeping in the freezer keep it for 15-20 min else keep it for 40 min.


   
For Making the filling & the mango glaze:

Mix the cream cheese, cream, and sugar in a bowl until well combined. You can do it by hand or you can use an electric beater to make life simpler.

Then add the gelatin to the hot water and stir till it completely dissolves. Add the mango puree and stir well. Keep half of this mixture aside and add the other half to the cream cheese mixture. Stir gently until well combined & you get a smooth mixture of uniform consistency.

Pour on top of the digestive cookies base.

      

Return to fridge for another 45-55 minutes.

Pour the mango-gelatin mixture as the third layer. Do this gently so that the layers don't combine, otherwise a distinct mango glaze would be missing.

         

Refrigerate overnight and it is ready to be served!!



PS: Please remember to put infinite amount of love in your ingredient list to make it yummier!!

Happy Cooking,
Shreya

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing .... Please make this for me ... I will ditch my exams and come over to taste ... Very good start Shreya. Masterchef .... here you come .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear & would make sure that next time I make it
      I let u know.. :-)

      Delete